Premises and Property Claims

When you have a fire or water damage loss, your Home Owners or Commercial policy may cover your damages. If it is a business loss, then damages which include the loss of income from the interruption of business in addition to any property damage must be evaluated and developed. If it is damage to a home or related property, then the loss must be similarly evaluated and developed.

Of course, obtaining coverage for business interruption damages is dependent upon whether the insured had that coverage prior to the loss. This may, or may not, be covered by a CGL, but a wise agent will include the coverage as an endorsement, or at least have discussed it with the policy holder at the time of application.

The point is that it takes experienced counsel, working with the proper experts, to analyze your claim and present it properly to your insurer. We can assist you with that process, and represent you should litigation be necessary.

Please call or email Barry M. Feldman today.